Friday, July 29, 2016

Okauchee and Nagawicka Weedline Fishing




 It has been pretty hot out lately so the fish seem to have gone fairly deep.  This week I made it out fishing twice, once on Okauchee Lake and once on Nagawicka.  Both times I rigged one rod with an egg sinker, large hook, and medium sucker or large golden shiner and dropped it to the bottom along weed lines.

While the minnow was being dragged I used another rod to cast crawlers, leeches, or twister tails.

The bass were caught on Okauchee in my usual spots.  The gills and pike were from Nagawicka which I had only fished once in the summer.  The pike was kept not only because it will be tasty, but because it was hooked deeply and had a previously torn gill.

I really enjoyed Nagawicka.  We caught both largemouth and smallmouth bass, pike, bluegills, and even a nice 16" walleye.





No comments:

Post a Comment