Thursday, October 16, 2014

October 10 - 12 @ St. Germain, WI


I am pretty confident this is my personal best walleye!
Didn't weigh it, but it was heavy...and ~25" long.
This is Tim's best walleye to date
at ~18"+




Spent a couple of days up in St. Germain, WI...again, staying at the St. Germain Lodge.  As I have mentioned before, if you are looking for a great fishing trip, only 4 hours from Milwaukee, I highly recommend checking out St. Germain and the St. Germain Lodge.

Again, here is a link to the lodge: CLICK FOR LINK

This was really my first FALL walleye trip, so I was not totally sure where to catch them.  I got some good info from YouTube (man you can learn anything there) but the tips I got simply sitting at Fibbers (the bar at St. Germain Lodge) is what made the fishing trip.

We found fish between 15-28 ft of water over hard bottom.  To catch them, we simply dragged 4" walleye suckers behind a small bell sinker and a single gold hook.  We tried other things, and some fish came on fatheads and jigs, but the sucker/gold hook combo was by far most effective.

John may have lost his muskie, but he did
land this 30" pike.

No comments:

Post a Comment