Wednesday, January 30, 2019

January 27 Fishing Club Outing - Fowler Lake

It was -8 degrees outside when we woke up. I had texted the kids the night before hoping they would cancel. No one took me up on it so we went out ice fishing on Fowler Lake in Oconomowoc. We set up tipups mostly in about 8' of water and had pretty constant action all day. I am guessing we had somewhere between 12-15 flags pop and caught somewhere around 9 fish. I had a great time with these guys and look forward to our trip out in warmer temps next week.

Here are some of the highlights:
Not a huge fish, but it was Nick's first ever fish ice fishing. 

Aiden started the pike action off with this nice little fish. 

Big fish of the day goes to this pike. We wanted to return it to the lake so we didn't measure it due to the cold...I am guessing it at 28" and very fat. 

Bass in this photo looks smaller than it actually was. It measured at 18"

No comments:

Post a Comment