Sunday, October 14, 2018

Summer fishing with the fam



I did a lot of fishing this summer, but much of it was in short bursts.  I did not really explore any new waters and I did not really master any new techniques, but I had a great time helping my kids catch fish and catching a few of my own.

Things I learned this summer:

  1. The Vision 110 Megabass Jerkbait is absolutely deadly when tied to anyone's rod but my own.
  2. A new spot on my favorite lake.
  3. The pond in Downtown Delafield has some surprisingly large bass in it.
  4. You need to transfer the warranty on a Lund boat right after purchase otherwise the stupid company won't honor it.
  5. Carter can name almost all Wisconsin fish and tell you which ones have teeth prohibiting him from lipping them.
  6. Rewarding Norah with a gummy worm every time she catches a fish keeps her laser focused.
  7. John is notably better at bass fishing than me now.


No comments:

Post a Comment